wtorek, 10 czerwca 2014

The Green Mile

A few days ago when I came back home in the evening I found my family on the coach watching "The Green Mile". I remember my annoyance: "What? Again?" Well, actually this movie is on TV quite often recently. and my family just loves it so I can tell, I know it by heart.

I saw it for the first time at the age of 13 in junior high school during my English lesson. Our teacher, a native speaker, used to watch movies with us during every single class. It was fantastic (no grammar!). Thanks to him I consider watching  movies as a great way of learning spoken language. Anyway I was really moved by "The Green Mile" and even now, after eight years, I still find it very disturbing. I think the character of John Coffey (like the drink, only not spelled the same..) is absolutely incredible. His sensitivity and vulnerability is biting. Each time I'm watching the movie I can't escape the sorrow - how fragile the good can be...


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz